Spanish Immersioin Program Information Session
The Weber School
Queridos Familas de Weber,
It is with great excitement that we announce that The Weber School Spanish Department will be returning to Northern Spain during the 2019-2020 school year for its fifth immersion program abroad.
- ¿QUIÉN? Students enrolled in Spanish 200 or higher during the 2019-2020 school year may apply for the program. This program is designed for students who want to take on the challenges and rewards of Spanish language immersion, who want a taste of authentic Spanish and Sephardic Jewish culture, and who want a rural, unplugged, and disconnected experience from the rushed, twenty-first century way of life in the United States.
- ¿QUÉ? A for-credit elective course that includes both class time during first semester (scheduled outside of the regular school day) and 13 days in Spain
- ¿CUÁNDO? Travel dates are January 2-14, 2020
- ¿DÓNDE? We will explore three major autonomous communities in Northern Spain: Galicia, Castilla y León, and Madrid. We will participate in hands-on activities and interact with local Spaniards to explore the uniqueness of each community.
- ¿POR QUÉ? Students will be pushed to take risks in speaking Spanish, to challenge their current world-views by experiencing the complexities of another culture, and to deepen their Jewish identity.
Please consider joining us on Wednesday, March 13 at 6:00pm in the Faculty Board Room attached to the cafeteria for a brief student and parent informational meeting about this program. The program requires an application and interview, and to preserve a Spanish immersion environment, space is limited for this program.
If you are not able to attend the meeting but are interested in the program, please schedule a meeting with Sra. Rocamora at email@example.com.